Ron Paul: Freeze the Budget and Stop Plundering the American People!

Ron Paul: Freeze the Budget and Stop Plundering the American People!

Hello, this is Ron Paul with your weekly update
for August 1st. One might think that the recent drama over
the debt ceiling involves one side wanting to increase or maintain spending with the
other side wanting to drastically cut spending, but that is far from the truth. In spite of
the rhetoric being thrown around, the real debate is over how much government spending
will increase. No plan under serious consideration cuts spending
in the way you and I think about it. Instead, the “cuts” being discussed are illusory, and
are not cuts from current amounts being spent, but cuts in projected spending increases.
This is akin to a family “saving” $100,000 in expenses by deciding not to buy a Lamborghini,
and instead getting a fully loaded Mercedes, when really their budget dictates that they
need to stick with their perfectly serviceable Honda. But this is the type of math Washington
uses to mask the incriminating truth about their unrepentant plundering of the American
people. The truth is that frightening rhetoric about
default and full faith and credit of the United States is being carelessly thrown around to
ram through a bigger budget than ever, in spite of stagnant revenues. If your family’s
income did not change year over year, would it be wise financial management to accelerate
spending so you would feel richer? That is what our government is doing, with one side
merely suggesting a different list of purchases than the other. In reality, bringing our fiscal house into
order is not that complicated or excruciatingly painful at all. If we simply kept spending
at current levels, by their definition of “cuts” that would save nearly $400 billion
in the next few years, versus the $25 billion the Budget Control Act claims to “cut”. It
would only take us 5 years to “cut” $1 trillion, in Washington math, just by holding the line
on spending. That is hardly austere or catastrophic. A balanced budget is similarly simple and
within reach if Washington had just a tiny amount of fiscal common sense. Our revenues
currently stand at approximately $2.2 trillion a year and are likely to remain stagnant as
the recession continues. Our outlays are $3.7 trillion and projected to grow every year.
Yet we only have to go back to 2004 for federal outlays of $2.2 trillion, and the government
was far from small that year. If we simply returned to that year’s spending levels, which
would hardly be austere, we would have a balanced budget right now. If we held the line on spending,
and the economy actually did grow as estimated, the budget would balance on its own by 2015
with no cuts whatsoever. We pay 35 percent more for our military today
than we did 10 years ago, for the exact same capabilities. The same could be said for the
rest of the government. Why has our budget doubled in 10 years? This country doesn’t
have double the population, or double the land area, or double anything that would require
the federal government to grow by such an obscene amount. In Washington terms, a simple freeze in spending
would be a much bigger “cut” than any plan being discussed. If politicians simply cannot
bear to implement actual cuts to actual spending, just freezing the budget would give the economy
the best chance to catch its breath, recover and grow. Thanks for calling this update. A new update
is placed on this number, 888-322-1414, every Monday, the written text of which can be found
on my website www.house.gov/paul under the heading “Texas Straight Talk”. Thanks for
calling.

91 Comments

1. JB_XYZ says:

RP 2012. It's coming.

2. katey1dog says:

President Ron Paul…

I like the sound of that.

3. David Morin says:

Thanks for being a voice of reason. I will be voting for you in 2012 and Rand whenever he decides to run.

4. LadyBuggin777 says:

wow the message is wonderful but the sound level is horrid. I had to turn my speakers up full blast and even then it was still a very low sound level. 🙂 🙁

5. Arceuszilla says:

Paul / Napolitano '12

6. GetOutMyBidness says:

A PRESIDENT WITH A BRAIN AND A CONSCIENCE IN 2012!

GO RP!

7. Merln Skydancer says:

The Bible is Bull Crap! kid! Ron Paul is the best person for the job..

8. NicosMind says:

I think Ron Paul is going to get in.
    I think hes going to get in for this reason.
    Hes a libertarian president who believes in capitalism and freedoms. To have everything collapse with the first freedom loving president, in a depression which is going to be far worst than the great depression will given them the perfect excuse to be tyranical!

9. Arceuszilla says:

@chylerreckeaolgodhul I agree, however Ventura would only consider it if Ron Paul ran as an independent / third party ticket

10. jocke persson says:

Ron Paul, my President!

11. Snowflake70 says:

@chylerreckeaolgodhul I'm seriously looking at R Senator Tom Coburn as a VP IF Bernie Saunders won't take the job.

12. Afi James says:

@Snowflake70

How about walter jones as VP.

13. jnixongo00 says:

@jmjfanss can he run with Rand Paul

14. Traveler2112 says:

@Arceuszilla The Judge needs to be Attorney General of the US. Peter Schiff as Treasury Secretary or Fed Res Chairman. I think it would be interesting to see Dr. Paul pick a Democrat as his VP nominee. Just the look on both Party's Leaders faces would be worth it to see. I dont think Ron Paul looks at "party affiliation" I think he looks a persons character and how they have voted in the past. I think he could pick either a Dem, Repub, or Indy as his running mate and not think anything of it.

15. Terri in BC says:

Ron Paul seems like such a nice guy and like the only chance for the USA. People please remember that even though I love the guy myself, lets not be fooled again! Remember they play both sides and even Obama seemed like the answer when he ran and look at what has happened. I hope that I'm totally wrong I really do!

16. ShadowSandy says:

@TerriInBC Nice thing about Ron Paul is that is provable by his voting record that this is not political rhetoric. If you go to House . gov you can verify his voting record. This is something we should do for every politicians. Judge them by their actions not their words.

17. Snowflake70 says:

@jmjfanss Not enough personality.

18. ShadowSandy says:

@joshkkv You ought to. Theology in general is a fascinating look into sociology and how primal biology can play a factor in our day to day behaviors. You would be amazed that even as a non-theist how much some of these things enter your life.

19. theoriginalanomaly says:

@TerriInBC Yes their evil plan was hatched in the late 50's… when RP began his super manchurian education of free markets. The past 40 years of his voting record and actions are just a big setup.

20. DubZombie says:

I can't help but ask that Ron Paul explain things in single-syllable words with the occasional hiss because his mode of communication isn't processing in the minds of Washington. Ron Paul 2012

21. eragon2121 says:

How much is the budget predicted to grow in the next ten years?

22. Victor Tey says:

August 1, 2011 Texas Straight Talk uploaded on July 31, 2011… =]

23. doogleandalix says:

@katey1dog
    Just a friendly reminder – If you live in a closed/semi closed primary state , you will not be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the CRITICAL primary election unless you change your affiliation to Republican .Those states are ;AZ,CO,CT,DE,FL,MA,MD,PA,NY,HI,OK,OR,SD,WV,UT,LA,KY – so check your local election office and change that aaffilaition NOW ! I would hate others to be disappointed as I was the 1st time it happened to me and I'd hate Ron Paul to lose the nomination because of it .

24. Zaideee says:

@doogleandalix repost: If you live in a closed/semi closed primary state , you will not be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the CRITICAL primary election unless you change your affiliation to Republican .Those states are ;AZ,CO,CT,DE,FL,MA,MD,PA,NY,HI­,OK,OR,SD,WV,UT,LA,KY – so check your local election office and change that aaffilaition NOW ! I would hate others to be disappointed as I was the 1st time it happened to me and I'd hate Ron Paul to lose the nomination because of it .

25. istofal says:

One suggestion, the sound quality is not very good…keep up the good work Ron

26. badaboomrock says:

@Grevlo Grow up, weather or not you like the man, he is your elder so show some respect, he is trying to do what he thinks is best for the country. What have you done for your nation or anyone lately think of it like that?

27. DarthMink says:

Ron Paul 2012, PLEASE!!!

28. FCusumano1 says:

Why not slap a tariff on the imported Chinese communist goods, if not to preserve jobs (who, in either party, really cares about dispossessed workers/voters when it comes to the campaign contribution "honey" from corporate interests), than to generate revenue? A tariff is not even mentioned by either party. This is because the corporations don't want it mentioned as a revenue source. Free trade means Chinese workers don't pay in. Corporations pocket that money, and you lose jobs.

29. kasperx01 says:

lol i had to put the headphones in and stop chewing my dinner.

30. kasperx01 says:

about 3:10 and forward. ive been asking the same question.

31. the capper says:

I feel as all RON PAUL fans are family

32. James Bond says:

It's your utmost duty as a Ron Paul fan to run a mini campaign by yourself in educating anyone and everyone you know. It's now or never!

33. sidrosteel says:

Truth.

34. Randall Beck says:

Hold to your principles, Your Honor. (like you would ever vote for this?) Let this pass, then there is no excuse, as evidenced by vote, about who is responsible.

35. bkr360 says:

Ron Paul: You need to turn your microphone up when you record…!

36. dragnet53 says:

Don't let RIck "pretty boy" Perry win Texas! He has done more harm to the state than help it.

37. chronofusion says:

@chewbaca1989 yeap.. i bought my civic si hatchback brand new december 5 2004 ( although my dave ramsey common sense was telling me don't buy brand new. depreciation and car tag expense)..have LOVED it since day one. no bs..no problems unlike my 2 ford tempos and 93 eclipse that leaked around 3 ounce of oil DAILY.lol. I dont need to pay 1k per month to get from point A to B to impress people i couldn't care less about who have the voting sense of and critical thinking skill so of bean dip.

38. chronofusion says:

@dragnet53 never heard of him ( of course I live in Mississhitty.lol. and our congressmen ( not harper but the other idiot) is about a sharp as a used up bowling ball and as useful as a tick on a dog. wait..that our cops in central ms.lol. still the same mold of assholes though. if what you say is true about tthe " pretty boy" he sounds just like Romney, Palin, mccain, and barry seotoro ….just a bunch of fake " pol ished ticians" that talk alot and have NOTHING realistic to say. RP 2012.

39. jon levesque sr says:

volume too low to hear

40. Doug says:

Whoever is uploading Texas Straight Talk needs to adjust the volume levels. This one and the last one are both too quiet.

41. TheEbonicslover says:

@toKs1c never! I'm not a criminal to use government [aid goons to steal from someone to give a small portion of it to the "unfortunate" ones or lazy parasites while most of the stolen money from the productive will fund the bureaucrats. Get real!

42. ch2iss says:

@toKs1c Talk positive about the doctor, or do not speak at all. Please, do not troll.

43. mrbr549 says:

I'm sure it must have been a fine speech, but the volume is so soft I couldn't hear it.

44. junkers1337 says:

Texan politicians are not to be trusted. They have always fucked shit up whenever they come into power. Learned that with Johnson and Bush. Though i guess the only good Texan President was Eisenhower. I am a Texan myself and this is the truth with Crazy ass Perry in charge.

45. Sonny Brown says:

@katey1dog President Paul. I like that!

46. Sonny Brown says:

@junkers1337 You're not really comparing Ron to these people are you? Come on. Ron's been saying and voting the same way for 30 years! This is the most honest man in Washington! Please do a little research on him before you make such a blanket decision.

47. Sonny Brown says:

@mrbr549 It's a phone recording, not a speech. But yeah, it's too quiet.

48. garreth davis says:

Ron Paul 2012 come on people

49. garreth davis says:

@junkers1337 I totally hear you. But I mean, Ron Paul is literally the only one who's ever injected REAL issues, such as the actual problem of the fed, bringing troops hope and ending wars on this freakin ridiculous boogie man 'terrrorists'. and what not, so that's why I see him as different

50. Prat Nonovski says:

I'm with RP. You gotta love perfectly serviceable Hondas.

51. phillytouch says:

Volume to low !! RON PAUL 2012

52. NicosMind says:

@iamsupaman420 Yeah i hope im wrong. But you know how they like to re-paint history. Even recent history. Apparently George Bush was too conservative! You believe that. Spent billions, got us into shit loads of debt and he was too conservative.
    However in todays age with the internet, and a shit load of people no longer buying into the mainstream medias bull there is a chance we might win this one with RP being the hero.

53. Guadalupe Isadro says:

Nice 2t in cuts…what a joke. That is 2t out of the "proposed" 9t.
    I have plans to spend 1t this year, but I'm only gonna spend 500b….thats 500b in savings…priceless.

Here comes the debt downgrade.

54. NicosMind says:

@iamsupaman420 Well ideas are powerful and indestructable. As long as you spread them and explain clearly why freedom is better than control we've got a fighting chance. Do you know off Peter Schiff? Hes a brilliant economist and has predicted everything. Im even studying Austrian economics now. Its easy. Its straight forward. And it makes a shit load more sense than the other nonsense floating around now. These nuts think you can borrow your way out of debt lol.

55. AlwaysGetBetter says:

@brownspottedbanana You must change your party affiliation to republican in order to vote for Ron Paul. You may get a ballot that lists all parties, but if you are Libertarian, then any Republican or Democratic PRIMARY votes will be voided. In general elections, party affiliation is irrelevant. But for this primary, YOU MUST CHANGE TO REPUBLICAN IN ORDER TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL.

56. AlwaysGetBetter says:

@pangenhong Pretty sure it's just on an answering machine or voice mail

57. AlwaysGetBetter says:

@madmallard11 Then you must pay closer attention to what DR. Paul says if you want that pay out to be worth anything in the future.

RP understands that some people are dependent on the government for support, and the last thing he would do is take that away from you. He wants to reduce our empire, end our wars, and reduce the military industrial complex along with eliminating all of the useless/redundant departments. Those savings can easily be used to tide over folks such as yourself.

58. AlwaysGetBetter says:

@madmallard11 If the Status Quo continues (literally represented by EVERY other candidate out there), our deficits continue to mount and our liabilities on our entitlements continue to grow. Even at this point, our debt will never be paid off. The politicians plan is to monetize it (have the fed print money to pay it off). This will cause a spike in inflation. So if you get $2000 per month, in 2 years time, that will only buy $1,200 worth of goods (if that!).
    Thanks for your service. RP2012!

59. Jayhawkblue says:

wow, that blank check that Bush got was alot bigger than I thought

60. Sabnock1990 says:

@madmallard11

Hey, i wanna point out to you, that Ron Paul knows that people have paid in to SS, Medicare, and all that. The people who are retired, or disabled, who rely on the money they were promised… Would not be effected at all. Ron's idea is not to go in a cut the entitlements or whatever completely, only to allow people to opt out like the youth. He wants to cut things like the failed drug war and ending all wars and cutting unconstitutional programs.

You will be just fine, vote 🙂

61. Robdee999 says:

Why cant the screw ups at the top rule with common sense ?….also why does the Government get to spend spend spend and not get put on their asses ? If you or me was in debt 500 dollars they would come and take everything from us. Why do the American people have to suffer for their mistakes I didn't vote for Obama or anybody in Congress so I or anybody else shouldn't take the fall for their mistakes especially if you couldn't or didn't vote for them.

62. russianlegionaire says:

I'm glad to hear your voice again Mr. President.

63. AlwaysGetBetter says:

@Robdee999 Your point only works if you actively worked to get someone else elected or to change laws. Claiming that apathy should grant amnesty is useless. Our democracy takes work, and we have to drive it and hold our elected officials accountable… or sadly, we all lose.

64. treid100182 says:

Oh Please … If Paul is so smart, how can he call himself the embarrassing title:

REPUBLICAN?

65. Ralyns says:

@treid100182 how pathetic can you get – very apparently.

66. Metis says:

@ImNotVoting4RonPaul Haha, lets see what that means for you, you poor poor fucks….

67. DJrizzle57 says:

I agree with the few who know the truth on here. This country is done. No one party or group of people are going to change it. Real HOPE and CHANGE lies within the people posting on here. But still in 2011 we are still under the "I, I, I, me, me, me" blanket (still talking racism and other frivilous bullshit) So no hope – no change

68. heymisterderp says:

PLEASE VIEW MY RON PAUL 2011 CPAC VIDEO AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS. LET'S WORK TOGETHER AND GET RON PAUL INTO THE WHITE HOUSE. THANK YOU

69. Hitler's Cow says:

@dragnet53 Just like Bush! Yet he was praised because he was from here.

70. Hitler's Cow says:

Ron Paul has balls of steel. The only man willing to do weekly updates that get thousands of views

71. JW Dizzy says:

Wheres the volume? Congressman, You need to talk closer to the microphone. TURN IT UP LOUDER!!!

72. BorgKing001 says:

Ron Paul has inspired me to register to vote

73. Burkard says:

PEOPLE of USA they who never voted or decided to vote no longer PLEASE VOTE for RON PAUL HE IS THE MAN thumbs up

74. Sheeple101 says:

We are now taken over by Queen ElizaBitch and we now know it. It is over if the people don't stand against this and remove the criminal government that has taken over America. Please let me come be to the states soon!

75. TheReapersSon says:

@cranyonrye

As an American, I fully endorse pulling out of the world's affairs, as well as a re-direction of our out-of-control military spending back inwards to American citizens. We deserve a refund for all the wasted tax dollars; where's OUR bailout?

There's not one reason why America needs to be in ANY nation right now. The Government doesn't have the money to even take care of it's own, so why put us citizens into debt by policing the world? I'm sick of this shit.

Ron Paul 2012 or BUST.

76. Bock728 says:

Ron Paul is the only answer for the United States. So I call upon all Americans, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Tea Partiers, Liberals, Conservatives, Moderates all who call themselves Americans join the cause for freedom from the tyranny of Washington. The time to act is now!

77. putteringpluie says:

Die !!

78. garreth davis says:

@TerminallyPsychotic I hope you don't seriously believe that guys who could barely fly ,according to the guy who tried to train them, could pull of incredible maneuvers like that. And there was no freakin plane at the pentagon. Just a massive hole, no bits of plane of debris at all. Norad stood down on Cheney's orders on 9/11. There's no debate here. Bin laden was diagnosed with kidney dialysis. yet there are no reports of a dialysis in the place. And course they chucked him in the sea. Wake up

79. garreth davis says:

@TerminallyPsychotic He wants to let North Korea on the loose? haha EVIDENCE? That's a ridiculous claim.

80. stwolma says:

I find it funny that people still actually believe that having more bases around the world and stirring up shit in other countries helps to ensure our safety; it's absolutely ludicrous to me. People fail to look at the history of our foreign policy and how our interventionist tactics (on the behalf of private interests) are a true threat to our security. This hatred towards the US didn't just occur over night; we've been in the Middle East since 1953, on behalf of British Petroleum (BP).

81. Blando Calrissian says:

Common sense. One thing politicians within the current 'system' rarely display. The problem with Ron Paul is, Ron Paul. Politicians and Corporate America don't like people like him. Most politicians curtail to system, because it is easier to be part of it then to fight it. Ron Paul is different and I hope for America, and the world, that he wins the nomination and the election for President, because I truly believe he is the difference between America gaining its Independence back – or not!

82. garreth davis says:

@TerminallyPsychotic Do you SERIOUSLY think that US forces should be in over 150 countries in over 300 bases ? C'mon. Fuck sake. Get real. The empire can't be maintained. Ron Paul is sensible because I mean, why is the US even IN Afghanistan? Eh? there were no Wmd's? Oh wait, yeah opium production has gone up 10X since the occupation, and you think your gvt isn't shipping the drugs in?

83. Lawrence E. says:

LIBERTARIANMONARCHY . COM

84. hunam says:

@TerminallyPsychotic Brainwashed by Fox much?.. I hope Obama sends your dumb ass to Afghanistan for life.

85. Yo Friendd says:

@DEMOCRATloyalty WAKE THE F***K UP AND PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! THE REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS ARE 2 SIDES OF THE SAME COIN!!!

86. Yo Friendd says:

87. hunam says:

@DEMOCRATloyalty Brainless fascist. Idiots like you got US into what it is in now.

88. Failderhorn says:

If people live in a republic does that not make them republicans? Our government uses democratic processes but that does not make us a democracy. In the USA we elect representatives not leaders. We the People are the leaders. When we forget our role as leaders and stop holding or representatives accountable our republic transforms into an Oligarchy. And here we are today. Be a leader and vote Ron Paul 2012!

89. jeffmonc2 says:

Oh the revolution has started. Keynesian economics is dying a thrashing cancerous death in the dark ponds of debt.

90. Metis says:

@VeRgiL375 It seems you just insulted yourself, lol, nice channel btw.

91. BC says:

Ron Paul! Ron Paul! America needs you to step up and do your magic!